yarnstars.com

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day


I'm not sure I get the true meaning of Labor Day except that it gives us a good reason to close the shop for an extra day. The "extra day" for me really meant more work because I got "The Look" and felt the need to totally revamp Knitwits.


Today (Labor Day), I am going to work at home on Knitwits paperwork, bookkeeping, ordering and other tedious, time consuming activities. But, I don't view this as "labor"-I do this because I want to do this. This is the stuff that makes Knitwits maintain our well-oiled machine efficiency (don't laugh). Knitwits and knitting are Labours of Love. We don't HAVE to do it, we WANT to do it!


According to the Department of Labor, Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.


So today, raise your knitting needles, enjoy the company of family and friends, eat way too much, and rejoice in a Monday away from the office!


No comments:

Post a Comment