yarnstars.com

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mini Panick Attack!

This summer is one big blur. Where did it go? How did we get to September-my Daytimer (my personal organization system of choice) is still bookmarked on May.

My last lucid memories date back to the Spring. I remember this Spring pretty clearly with the setting up of the POS System, the double ringing at the cash register, adding Peaches & Cream to the yarn line up, Sheryl having a normal looking finger and adopting my Godcat, Grace and the birth of this Blog!

Mini Panick Attack! How did it get to be SEPTEMBER? What happened? I never even made it to the pool- it opened and closed before I even got bikini ready.

My Friends, the answer to the question of "Where did my summer go?" is this.... "Enhanced Passenger Service Guidelines." My summer has been ruined by "Enhanced Passenger Service Guidelines." It is almost like the powers that be at Comair got "The Look!" Everytime I reported to work, I would find out that someone had moved everything in our galley, changed all of the snack and drink options, turned us into vending machines and wanted us to do so much more with so much less.

Even with the "Enhanced Passenger Service Guidelines", I think the passengers still know that they are flying on Comair Regional Jets. The First Class meals and stemware aren't fooling them into thinking that Delta, Northwest and all of the Delta/Northwest Connection carriers are now operating as one seamless company.

The snack options now stocked on board include: peanuts, mini pretzels, Biscoff cookies, pretzel chips or Sunchips, apples, bananas, twix bars, Pringles Potato Chips, Peanut M&Ms, Planters Trail Mix, Snack Box with Healthy Snack and deck of cards, Snack Box with Un-Healthy Snack and on random flights on the CRJ900 Full Meals complete with china, silverware and stemware. With all of this extra stuff in our galley, I have no place to store my knitting bag! I have no time to knit and more importantly, my head is spinning and I don't have the mental energy to knit!

This week is bidding week, when you enter your next month's schedule requests. I think I'm going to go "Ole School" and bid for the 50-seat trips, with no JFK, ORD, EWR and PHL and NO "Enhanced Passenger Service Guidelines."

I need to spend as much time as possible in the 41017, and in the calm, relaxing, stress-free Eden called Knitwits!

No comments:

Post a Comment