yarnstars.com

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life on the Road

Sometimes I feel like I have multiple personalities. The two dominant ones are Knitwit and Flight Attendant.

I've morphed into Flight Attendant until Friday Night. You would think that working at a Yarn Shop, you'd get a lot of knitting time. Quite the contrary! When I'm working (Flight Attendant Me), I get tons of knitting done, I get to read, I get to run and do yoga. When I'm "Off" (Knitwit Me-I don't consider Knitwits a job-too much fun), I rarely get to do any of that. It's like parking in a driveway and driving on a parkway. What's UP with that?

My flights (3) ran late all day yesterday, I was the only one who didn't seem to mind because I got a lot of knitting done. Thank Goodness I Knit! We finally got into Boston last night after 1:00 AM. (Note to self, always check hotel alarm clock before going to bed.) Alarm rang at 5:00 AM, and I was unable to go back to sleep.

I ate a sandwich, slept for another hour, gave up trying to sleep, picked up knitting, messed up pattern, ran 5 miles, did hotel room yoga, had several cups of coffee, did USA Today Crossword puzzle-all before 10:00 AM.

It's now a little after Noon, and I'm exhausted-need to go back to bed! But, its time to start my day as Flight Attendant. Argh!

I don't know why I complain about my "Job" (Flight Attendant Me) so much, because I really get a chance to do all the things I like to do. Perhaps, its because I miss being with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment