yarnstars.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

Pajama Time


Almost a week between entries? Bad blogger! I got so busy with inventory, year-end paperwork, flying and knitting up our gorgeous yarns that this poor blog just got neglected. But for those eagerly awaiting an era of more frequent posting, some good news -I have lots to blab about.

I have been knitting like a fiend. After knitting a bazillion Christmas stockings, knitting something fun and with luscious yarns is so exciting. I'm totally inspired by the yarns we carry and the patterns we rediscovered during inventory.

I just completed a Bolsoi Beret out of Sublime Wooly Merino. This wasn't really planning to knit this hat - in fact, I followed the wrong pattern- I meant to knit the Russian Hat. But, I really love the beret. I took a ball of Glimmer on my last trip and knit a sample of a Scarf from the new Vogue Knitting. This is a super great pattern for learning lace, bobbles, cables, pattern and chart reading. I'm also close to finishing the crazy Norah Gaughan pentagon shrug from the cover of Winter 2006/07 Vogue Knitting (see above). I'm using Winter White Rowan Cocoon because I really like this yarn! This project was easier and more fun then I thought it would be. Norah Gaughan is a genius and I had to knit one of her patterns. While I vowed to finish unfinished objects and knit projects that have been in my cue, I can't help myself from starting new and totally unplanned things!

Yesterday's snow day provided me with an unplanned day off. I stayed at home all day with the fake fireplace on. I stayed in my pajamas until 2:00, showered, and put on a fresh pair of Pj's. I piddled around getting little accomplished all morning and then I knit (knitted? ). I can't remember the last time I hunkered down at home for a whole day! I'm feeling slightly guilty for
indulging my current knitting obsession-and not blogging-but it was the perfect day for it.

I'll really try to be a more disciplined knitter and a better blogger. I need to blog about some of the great stuff we're working on like Ashley's Sweater Workshop, meeting with reps for Spring yarn buying and our future KALs, but for now, my car needs to be scrapped off, the shop needs to be opened and I need to get out of my pajamas!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment