yarnstars.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy!


Happy New Year!- and I'm not just saying that to be polite, I really mean it!
It is very hard to believe that it's another New Year and the start of a new decade! As you know, I'm not really a holiday person and New Years is one of those holidays that I don't really enjoy-too much anticipation and too many expectations. This year is different! I must be excited about it because I'm up early (again) and looking forward to enjoying every minute of today.

2010 kind of snuck up on me and with our new motto "Aim Low", my expectations are not too great as to disappoint me in this new decade. I excited about today and this new year because I feel like I am starting this new year with a healthy attitude and positive outlook. I have chosen to accept my crazy life and be responsible for my ability and inability to complete the tasks at hand. I am no longer my own worst enemy.

I will always have a growing to-do list, I will always have to juggle two jobs and too much to do in too little time, I will always have too many knitting projects to finish and a stronger desire to start new ones--but these are the things that make life exciting and challenging. With help from our many friends, our loyal customers, and family....things will get accomplished and we will have fun doing them.

There are many great things about blogging. It is easier for me to share thoughts, comments and observations through the blog than it is for me to express them verbally. Blogging helps me organize the noise in my head and filters out the nonsense (for the most part). And finally, blogging makes me accountable for my actions-by making a public announcement in the blog, I feel like I am responsible for seeing my actions through. So, we will get things done and we will have fun!

Today's To Do List:
Eat something "long" like spaghetti or sauerkraut-this is for a "long life" according to my mother.
Drink 7 glasses or more of water
Knit
Finish something-anything big or little
Do something fun
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment