yarnstars.com

Friday, December 24, 2010

Warm Wishes from the Wonderful World of Knitwits



Well, the shop is now closed for Christmas and we don't reopen until Tuesday morning. I think this may be the longest span of time that the shop will be closed. It has been very hectic for the Knitwits and I am really looking forward to spending time in my pajamas unwinding and piddling around.

I have been dealing with a very stressful work schedule (Comair and Knitwits), car trouble, home repair and over ambitious knitting obligations. Without the support of the staff, my family and friends, I don't think I would have found the strength to see it all through.

For me, the true meaning of Christmas is not about shopping and giving and receiving stuff. It is about sharing, caring, spending time with or thinking about the important people in our lives and enjoying the moments.

As I write this, I feel almost overwhelmed by the caring, sharing and generosity that is shown in the wonderful world of Knitwits. I have been the recipient of so many gifts, cards, goodies, warm hugs and invitations not only for this holiday season but all year long. Please accept my many thanks and know that you all have a special place in my memory bank.

As our day wound down, Janet and I had her daugther, Sarah, bring down a wine opener and festive wine glasses and we cracked open a nice bottle of wine (we have a case under the desk). We sat in the collection of mismatched chairs at the wobbly round table in the front room and for the first time in way too long, I didn't feel stressed out, pressured or anxious. Was it the wine or the lively conversation?

It was probably both things, but more importantly, it was what we needed and wanted to do. We talked about our favorite vacations, wines, foods and memories. It was not the places, tastes or dates that were important...it was whom we shared them with that were most memorable.

Janet and I often ask ourselves, "Why do people like hanging out at the shop?" After parking ourselves around the wobbly round table for a few hours, I now know why our chairs are usually full. It's all about who fills the chairs!

The shop and the mismatched chairs will be vacant for the long Holiday weekend. We hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend with your family and friends and we look forward to spending time with you around the wobbly round tables soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment